Sunday, April 11, 2010

Marble Coffee Table Revealed

Remember this table?  I gave you all a sneak peak way back in January.


I first spied this lovely piece while out with an old friend and fell in love.  While the color was all wrong, the grey and white marble top is fabulous.  While I would have purchased it on the spot, I wanted to make sure that Hubs was on the same page with my vision for both the table and the color scheme for the living room redo.  Lucky for me, Hubs saw the potential and $55 later, it was headed home with us.

Now that the weather has warmed up enough so I don't see my breath while working in the garage and paint doesn't take days to dry, here it is in all its repainted glory.

 
SOOOO much better, right?  I absolutely love it. 

And that elephant I referred to in the original post? The name of the paint color is Elephant Skin by Behr in their primer + paint line. It is a fabulous color. It is a dark grey with just a hint of tan. I am already trying to figure out other places to use it in the room.


Redone, the table looks fabulous in the room, especially with the new wall color (a post on the trials and tribulations of the repainting coming soon.)


And no, our living room is not usually this crammed together on one side of the room.  I am still working on the other side of the room.  It is pretty bad. But I am trying to work on it bit by bit. 


So until this is done, our living room furniture will be crammed on the other side of the room. 

And there are a couple of upcoming projects in the pic of the living room furniture.  Keep checking in to see what they might be. 

Cost Breakdown:
$55 Cost of table
$  5 One can Kilz spray Primer
$  6 1/3 of a quart of Behr Elephant Skin in semi-gloss
$66 Total Cost

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the color and that marble table is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!