Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has arrived here in the northern climes.  And it is exciting to see what is coming up in our yard since this is our first spring here. 

The forsythia is blooming.


The tree outside our office is blooming (and the big bumble bees are in heaven).



The one of our rhodadendrons in the back yard had begun to bloom.


The hyacynths are blooming making the back yard smell amazing.  (Those little suckers are really potent!)


Does anyone have any idea what this plant is?  It has pretty blue flowers and we have a ton of them in the backyard.


We even have a robin's nest. 


And maybe best of all, some of my veggies are starting to sprout.


We are planning a garden this year a la Square Foot Gardening.  Next up in the "creating a garden" department is moving some shrubs so I can place my raised garden boxes.  Watch for posts on what I am sure will be quite an adventure.

Has Spring sprung in your area?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a gardener, so I could be wrong, but they look like blue bells to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!