Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend To Dos 6/16-17 & Menu Plan 6/17-23


I had yesterday off and it was glorious. I got lots done and none of it was housework or laundry related! Huzzah!!  Practically what this means is I got some stuff of of last week's list done or at least partially done.  Woot!!

So this weekend's list has lots of "finish" items since I made good progress yesterday.  I love that since I will get to cross lots off the list quickly. Why is it that I get such satisfaction from adding the strike-through to the stuff I get done?  I think it may be some sort of sickness.

  1. Finish the fence slat garden
  2. Finish planting flowers in garden
  3. Finish planting herbs, veggies and seeds in garden
  4. Finish touching up paint on walls/ceiling in kitchen
  5. Bake pie for dad
  6. Make (more) jam
  7. Cleaning, Laundry, Grocery
  8. Make Dad's Father's Day present 
  9. Apply teak oil to the Adirondack chairs
  10. Blog posts - photos and write ups
With this week's menu plan, I am trying to incorporate some of the stuff we got in our CSA basket.  D already used up the radishes, broccoli and green onions but we still have Swiss chard, kale, spinach, etc.

I am going to try to whip up a batch of kale chips tonight so see if that works for using up something we will be getting all summer long.

Sunday:  Crockpot BBQ chicken on buns with fruit salad and cole slaw
Monday:  Baked pork chops with Swiss chard
Tuesday:  FITF
Wednesday:  Steaks with Spinach Strawberry Salad
Thursday:  Salmon on a large dinner salad
Friday:  FITF
Saturday:  Grilled cheese sandwiches, chips and a salad

We haven't been the best about following our menu plan the last week or so since we have had a couple of late nights at work - but, at least we have a plan, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!