Friday, July 13, 2012

My New Kitchen Gadget - The Mandolin Slicer


I am digging my newest kitchen gadget! 

I am now the proud owner of a mandolin slicer! Yes, I said newest. I am constantly buying gadgets, pans and other utensils, which is why my utensil drawers are a mess. (Yes, I said drawers since I have too much to fit in just 1 drawer.)  Basically, I am a gadget nerd.

The best part is how I got this gorgeous thing.  I had some airline miles that were expiring but didn't have enough to get a ticket or an upgrade so I was able to trade them in for this beautiful silver baby. Oh yeah, my mandolin slicer was my favorite price - FREE!

Check out all the things it can do!


Thick straight slices, thin straight slices, crinkle cuts, waffle cuts, thick julienne strips, thin julienne strips. The possibilities are endless!

Ooooh, pretty!


 I can't wait to make scalloped potatoes, baked sweet potato fries, zucchini "spaghetti," cole slaw, potato chips, slicing stuff for the dehydrator, and on and on.  One of the first things I want to make is potato scale fish, like this.

Oh my, with all those in the plan, I think I need to schedule a few more sessions a week on my exercise bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!