Thursday, September 27, 2012

Guest Post from Nici at Posed Perfection

Hi there!

I'm so excited to be guest posting today here at Claiming Our Space.  When K asked me if I'd like to do a post swap, I was thrilled at the prospect of meeting you, her sweet bloggy friends. I'm Nici Higby and you can find me over at Posed Perfection.

I am married to Mr. Perfect for Me and I am a homeschooling mom to two great kids. At Posed Perfection, I share simple, delicious recipes, easy-to-duplicate craft projects, household tips and whatever is on my heart for the day.  I hope you'll stop by for a visit soon!

I recently ran across a recipe that had been scribbled down on a torn piece of paper in my well-used, over-stuffed recipe box. When I read the ingredients and pictured the finished product, I just knew it would be something I wanted to share with you.  I call these Wild about Chocolate Brownie Bites.  With all the fun animal print party themes out there, I think these would be a perfect dessert to serve to your party guests.

Here's what you need:
family size brownie mix, cocoa, oil, water, an egg and Hershey Hugs

Here's how you make them:
Start by mixing all the ingredients(except the HUGS) in a bowl and stir until combined.

Drop by teaspoonful into mini muffin tin sprayed with baking spray(with flour). Bake for about 11 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove from oven and let cool for a minute. Then place unwrapped HUGS on the brownie bites and press in slightly.

Carefully move to wire rack and cool completely. As the HUGS melt, gently press down the tip for a smooth top.

Wild about Chocolate Brownie Bites
(makes about 3 dozen)

36 to 40 Hershey Hugs 
1 family size package of your favorite brownie mix
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup water 
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pan with baking spray. Remove the wrappers from the Hugs. Mix together brownie mix, cocoa, water, oil, and egg in medium bowl until combined. Drop by teaspoonful into the brownie cups, filling them about halfway. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute. Gently press one Hug into each brownie bite. Carefully remove the bites from the pan and place on wire rack to completely cool.

If you like this recipe and would care to see others like my Chocolate Yummies or Chipper Chicken Soup, I'd love for you to visit. I also share simple seasonal crafts like my Fabulously Frugal Pumpkins

Thanks, K, for the opportunity to meet your sweet friends. I just know my readers are loving your post at my place today.  

Don't forget to head over to Posed Perfection to check out my guest post!  See how I ended up taking a total disaster into a delicious dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those look delicious! I'm glad to know about your blog K! Looks fabulous...I'll be back for visits!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cute. Kids (and adults) would love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!