Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nothing is Ever Easy - The Ongoing Saga of Our Powder Room Reno


I think that a recurring theme in home renovations and updating projects is "one step forward, two steps back." 

Our powder room project is no exception.

After my success of installing the sink and the toilet by myself since Hubs was out of town (let's give a big hand for the internet as a resource on How To instructions), I was basking in the glow of having a functional bathroom again. 

Unfortunately that glow was short lived.  I went to use the toilet and realized that when it flushed, water leaked from the area between the toilet tank and the base.  Poo (no pun intended), that meant that the gasket failed. 

I rushed to the hardware store since it was less than 24 hours before we were hosting 27 for dinner Christmas Eve.  Yikes!  So not having a functional extra bath was not an option.  It took me a couple of tries to get everything secured and tightened just just right so there were no drips or leaks but now we, again, have a functioning toilet. 

Like I said, nothing is ever easy. 

Coming up next?  Mounting the mirror and other fixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!