Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why You Should Wear a Mask...




when spray painting or using a paint gun.

I took the photo above in my garage about 5 minutes after spray painting a lamp and a couple of baseboard rad covers.  To my eye, the air looked clear even if the smell of paint was still very strong.  However, as you can see in the photo, there were still a bunch of small unseen particles in the air.  Yup, all those dots in the photo are paint molecules.

I will admit, I am not always the best about wearing my mask but after looking at the photo above, I realize that I need to wear it all the time when I am spraying paint and need to keep it on until I am back in the house.

 Just something to keep in mind when turning your Frugal Finds from ugly ducklings to beautiful swans. 

Tip of the Project:  Wearing a mask while spraying paint to keep your lungs safe. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have to admit, I'm bad about wearing a mask too, but you can't deny the photo evidence. I'll definitely start wearing it all the time now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. We always love to hear from our readers!